|Home > Questions to ask at an interview|
Best questions to ask at an interview
When you ask questions, you subtly convey that you feel relatively certain you want to work at that company, but have some concerns of your own. Thoughtful questions at interviews show that you are an organized person who's serious about finding the right position. It's among the little-known but very effective tips for interviews.
Here are several sample questions you can ask at job interviews. Of course, think up additional questions that apply to your specific situation or to the organization you're applying to.
* What key results do you expect out of someone in this position?
* What are the main challenges this job entails?
* Why is this position open at this point in time?
* What results do you like someone in this position to achieve in six months?
* How many people have held this position over the past three years?
* How much independence would I have in making decisions?
* What options do I have for advancement?
* What key factors contribute to success in this job?
* Are there any major changes due to take place at the company in the near future?
* How would you like the new person to do things differently from the person who had this position earlier?
* What factors have been responsible for the company's success in the past?
Keep in mind that there are some questions you should not ask at interviews. For instance, stay away from personal questions about the interviewers or other people at the organization. In general, don't ask any questions at a job interview that's not directly related to the job, the organization, the function or work environment. Stay focused.
Like to think a little out-of-the-box? Here's an idea -- consider doing work on a freelance basis, either part-time or full-time. There are actually large numbers of people who work from the comfort of their homes. And very profitably too. But you do face one big problem -- connecting with companies that have work to offer.
Questions to ask interviewers | Biggest mistakes | Tips for phone interviews
Answers to tough interviewing questions | Freelance careers
Discover the tricks to answering all interview questions.
© Copyright Interview-secrets.net. All rights reserved.